Eva is a general member of CORST and adheres to its Codes of Ethics and Practice. She is fully insured for her clinical work.
Eva is a cheerful, warm and empathetic psychosexual and relationship therapist, with a real passion for her work. She studied Psychology and specialised in Sexology in Spain, where she is originally from. Her career began writing her blogs about sexuality and relationships. Since she came to England, she continued her blogs and worked as a psychosexual therapist.
In addition to her clinical work, she continues with her interests, researching in the field of sexuality and relationships. She attends regular continuous professional training and clinical supervision, not only to meet the criteria of her professional body, but also to expand her knowledge and offer a better service to her clients.
Creativity and humour are some of her more unique tools when working with clients.
“I think humour is as necessary as a non-judgmental perspective when it comes to talk about sexuality and intimacy, everything is easier when we put a bit of humour to it”, Eva describes.
She will endeavour to make you feel safe and supported from her friendly and non-judgemental approach.
Believing in choices, Eva works from a positive sex perspective, collaborating from peer to peer, establishing rapport and individualised interventions for her clients. Her integrated approach encompasses the bio-psycho-social model. ‘Bio’, because sex is in the body, ‘Psycho’, because sex is in the mind and emotions and ‘Social’ because sex has a lot to do with the society we live in.
“Very often the reasons of our difficulties are environmental factors that are outside and not inside ourselves.”
In her sessions, she will help you to become your own expert in your sexuality and sexual self.
“I consider psychosexual therapy personally very gratifying. It is wonderful to be able to help people developing their sexuality in a healthy way and to see how they become self-assured in their journey”, said Eva.
Eva speaks both English and Spanish and offers therapy in both languages.
Qualification and Experience
- Master in Sexology, Sex Therapy and Gender (Instituto de Sexología Al-Andalus, Spain).
- Sex Therapist (Instituto de Sexología Al-Andalus, Spain).
- Sexual and Gender Educator (Instituto de Sexología Al-Andalus, Spain).
- Psychology Degree (Granada University, Spain).
- Certificate in Working with Couples and other Relationships (The Centre for Psychosexual Health, London, UK).
Some of her areas of expertise
- Consent related issues .
- Non-monogamy spectrum.
- Kink and alternative sexualities.
- Shame, guilt and Erotic growth.
- Loss of desire and differences in libido.
- Painful intercourse.
- Difficulties with arousal and orgasm.
- Involuntary ejaculation and Erectile problems.
- Fear of sex or sex avoidance/Phobias.
- Sexual Trauma or Sexual difficulties following abuse.
- Body image, self-esteem and sex confidence.
- Sexual orientation or gender identity struggles.
- Sexual communication.
- Changes in ageing.
Relationship difficulties: communication, emotional intelligence, problem solving, Jealousy, lack of trust, infidelity, break ups, and reinvigorating a long-term relationship and establishing a healthy relationship.