Nina Powell is a BACP psychotherapist.
Nina has been working as a psychotherapist for more than 10 years, helping men and women in the Greater Manchester and Lancashire regions to overcome a range of sexual and relationship difficulties including:
- Communication and emotional issues within relationships.
- Sexual trauma.
Nina works ethically and confidentially following the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT) and BACP ethical framework. She is fully insured and has up-to-date DBS Disclosure.
A comprehensive overview of Nina’s qualifications, experience is provided below. Please feel free to contact Nina for further information.
Qualifications and Training
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Counselling (BACP Accredited Course) 2006.
- BA/BSC (HONS): Degree in Criminology with Counselling Studies 2004.
- Foundation Studies in Criminology and Counselling Studies 2001.
- Sexual Health Awareness Training Part 1 & 2.
- Sexual Health Services and Legislation Training.
- Trainer for Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence disclosures.
- Counsellor Training working with Victims of Sexual Violence.
- Substance Misuse Training (Blackpool Identification and Brief Advice).
- Alcohol Awareness Training (Blackpool Identification and Brief Advice).
- Feedback and follow up training for Substance Misuse and Alcohol Awareness Training.
- Domestic Abuse Awareness Training.
- Domestic Abuse MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) Training.
- Counselling Referral Pathways for Lancashire Workshop.
Nina has worked for over 10 years counselling individuals from an Integrative approach. Helping people who are struggling with a wide range of emotional issues. Nina provides a safe and confidential space to help individuals work through challenging experiences. Nina has experience of working with the Criminal Justice System/Courts and providing specialist counselling support to both males and females who have experienced sexual trauma and/or domestic violence. Nina has delivered training to Lancashire schools and Industry about issues such as Race, Sexual Orientation, Disability and Transgender Identity.
Areas and issues I have experience working with
Abuse, Anxiety, Rape, Sexual/Physical/Domestic Violence, Bereavement, Depression, General Counselling, Loss, Relationships, Self-Esteem, Stress, Women’s Issues, Addiction(s), Health/Sexual Health, Trauma, Victims of serious Crimes, Sexual Identity, Sexuality, Self Harm.